The Search is an innovative video series that tackles the key questions of every human heart —Why am I here? What's life all about? What happens when we die? What do you seek? In seven beautifully filmed episodes, Chris Stefanick and experts from multiple fields of science, medicine, psychology, art, and religion examine our place in the larger story of existence.
Whether you’re a practiced inquirer or a jaded skeptic, The Search will speak to you. You may be reassured by some parts, and challenged by others. Either way, you’ll find a lot here to think about. And when all is said and done, life’s questions demand to be answered.
To watch The Search, you may register, at no cost, using the parish’s FORMED subscription.
If you'd like to facilitate a small group, please contact Cyndi at 636-332-9225 ext. 234 or [email protected]. An easy-to-use Coordinator’s Manual is provided.
Click on the link above to open a pdf to use with your Search group.
GROUP HOST RESPONSIBILITIES
The Search is specifically designed to “stir into flame the gift of God” (2 Tim 1:6) that we possess as Catholics to grow in our faith and love as a parish community.
- Decide your weekly meeting time & place (your home, at the parish, or virtually through Zoom)
- Notify Cyndi at 636-332-9225 ext. 234 or [email protected] of your willingness to host a group
- Host the weekly meeting
- In-Person group—Send a weekly reminder of the upcoming meeting via text or email to your participants
- Virtual group—Send out the zoom meeting invitation to their group members & remind them which video to watch before gathering on Zoom
- Invite those gathered to pray a simple prayer that is provided
- Facilitate the meeting and ensure that social courtesy is maintained for the group. Everyone is encouraged to contribute to the conversation if they want to and no one is pressured
- Ensure The Search questions are presented for discussion
- End the meeting in a timely manner
Note: St. Patrick parishioners participated in a parish-wide study of The Search in 2021.