Adoration means entering the depths of our hearts in communion with the Lord, who makes Himself bodily present in the Eucharist. In the monstrance, he always entrusts himself to us and asks us to be united with his Presence, with his risen body. - Pope Benedict XVI
Our parish uses Adoration Pro, a simple, easy-to-use online scheduling platform for both signing in and signing up for commitments. To sign up, simply click here.
Adoration is held Monday through Friday, 7 AM until 8 PM. Note: More than one person is able to sign up for the same time slot. You do not have to be on the schedule to come to adoration. All are welcome! The chapel is open 24/7.
Adoration is a great opportunity for us to rest in the presence of our Lord, who is physically present in the host in the monstrance on the altar. We are very blessed here at St. Patrick to have adoration in our chapel. This isn’t possible without the dedication of our parish family to be present in front of our Lord at all times. Walk-ins are always welcome, but also prayerfully consider if you are able to join us as an adorer for our parish. Adorers sign up for a one-hour timeslot to be with our Lord while He is exposed in the monstrance. Please make every effort to ensure that your adoration timeslot is always filled; that means reaching out to others to find a sub when you know that you will be unable to be present during your scheduled time. Your sub doesn’t have to be someone else who is signed up as an adorer, but they should be someone who understands the role that they will be fulfilling as an adorer and act reverently.
Here are a few other notes about adoration
- Everyone from the parish is welcome to stop by the adoration chapel and spend time in the presence of our Lord - the door code is 9876
- When you enter the chapel, feel free to sit in any seat
- We genuflect with one knee before taking our seat as a sign of reverence to our Lord
- There are many ways to pray: some of us may enjoy just sitting in the silence while adoring our Lord; some may enjoy silently praying the rosary or other devotions; others may engage in spiritual reading. There are many resources available in the front vestibule of the adoration chapel for parishioners to peruse if they choose to.
- Please refrain from any activity that makes noise while in the adoration chapel – please, no praying out loud, headphones, music, etc. We always want to be respectful of our brothers and sisters who are also praying.
- Please use the kiosk to sign in. This helps us ensure that someone is always with our Lord while he is exposed in the monstrance.
If you are interested in becoming a scheduled adorer in our adoration chapel, please visit Adoration Pro. Thank you for your prayerful consideration. St Patrick, pray for us!
CORE TEAM CONTACTS
If you would like to support Eucharistic Adoration at St. Patrick, contact a member of the Adoration Core Team.
Cyndi Barclay • 636-332-9225 • [email protected]
For information about our Adoration Chapel, click here.
"God's love for us is poured out in the most blessed sacrament of the Eucharist where “the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity, of our Lord Jesus Christ and, therefore, the whole Christ is truly, really, and substantially contained." The Catechism of the Catholic Church
Eucharistic Miracles from the Last 25 Years
Miracles related to the Real Presence of the Lord in the Eucharist are happening to this very day.
40 HOURS OF ADORATION 2021
Starting at 8 PM on Thu, November 18 through 12 PM on Sat, November 20, our faithful will gather in the chapel for personal prayer in adoration of our Lord. All parishioners and friends of St. Patrick Parish are welcome to attend as much of the forty hours devotion as their schedule permits. Registration is not required to attend. However, a sign-up for hourly committed adorers has been created to ensure the Blessed Sacrament is never left alone.
Sign up at bit.ly/2YfGVC9