St. Patrick Catholic School Board
There are two types of boards, a School Board and a Board of Education. The School Board addresses items pertaining to the day school only. A Board of Education encompasses all educational programs in the parish, such as the Parish School of Religion (PSR) and Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA).
The St. Patrick School Board is advisory to the Pastor and the Principal. It's primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- recommending to the Pastor the employment of the Principal
- establishing the mission, vision, and beliefs for the educational programs
- interpreting and applying the policies of the Archdiocese
- formulating new policies when necessary and evaluating the implementation of current policies
- approving the budget to be recommended to the finance committee and the Pastor
- focusing on the implementation of the long-range school improvement plan
- creating an atmosphere where marketing the parish school is the expectation and is fully supported
- advising on the school calendar
- tuition policies
- handbook policies
- formulating and evaluating our local St. Patrick School Board policies yearly
The School Board is composed of both appointed and elected individuals from St. Patrick Parish. Members of the board serve three-year terms. Members should be practicing Catholics and members in good standing with the Catholic Church. They may or may not have students in the school, but must have great respect for Catholic education and the desire for providing a Catholic education to the children of the parish. A certain level of discretion is needed as at times sensitive topics are discussed.
The Board functions only through meetings, which are held 6 times in a school year, usually on Tuesday evenings at 6:00 PM. Interested parents and parishioners may attend board meetings and may address the board during the open forum only.
St. Patrick School Board members for the 2023-2024 school year include:
- Stacy Austin-Parishioner for 10 years, 3 children attending St. Patrick School, School Board member for 2 years, Masters in Business and currently working as a Real Estate Agent
- Gina Hakenewerth-Parishioner for 10 years, 2 children in St. Patrick School, School Board member for 5 years, Masters in Business and works for Ameren in Real Estate
- Rachel Handing-School Parent, COO for a real estate development company, co-chairs Home and School “Welcoming Committee”
- Kim Shellert-Parishioners for 20 years, School Parent, Kim and her husband are both passionate educators
- Marc Tiernan-Parishioner for 11 years, school parent for 1 year, Doctorate in Educational Leadership, employed by the Wentzville School District, Membership director for the Knights of Columbus,
- Sharon Woelbling-Parishioner for 10 years, retired teacher for 15 years and Archdiocesan School Principal for 15 years
- Fr. Brian Fischer
- Jill Gould
- Zach Morrison
School Board Positions
There are currently 3 open positions at this time.
Are you passionate about making a difference in your child’s education and the St. Patrick School Community?
Would you be interested in exploring an opportunity to contribute your skills? Maybe prayerfully consider
leveraging your unique gifts and talents by becoming a school board member.
The St. Patrick School Board will seek individuals who are interested in serving on the Board when there are open positions. There are 3 openings for elected positions for a 3-year term beginning in September of the current year. Elections will be held at all Masses in August.
If you are interested in running for the St. Patrick School Board, you must be a member of the parish but do not need to have children in the school.
Please submit a simple biography with the following info by the specified date:
- Tell a little about yourself
- How are you currently involved in St. Patrick Parish?
- Why are you interested in a position on the Board of Education?
This short bio will be posted in the bulletin and on the website before the election in early August.
Please contact Sharon Woelbling at [email protected], or any current member, with questions about our School Board. We would be happy to share information with you about our mission and passion for Catholic education.