Have you heard about Matching Gifts?
If you work for an employer with a matching gift program, you may be able to double or even triple the value of your gift to St. Patrick School! Some companies will also match gifts made by retirees or spouses. To find out if your employer has a matching gift program, contact your company's Human Resources office.
St. Patrick School is a private elementary school that qualifies for matching gifts. There are thousands of companies, over 50 companies in our area alone, that provide a Community Matching Gift program for their employees and retirees.
Which Companies provide Matching Gifts?
We compiled a list of some companies in the area that match gifts for private elementary schools. Parishioners and/or retirees should call the Human Resource Department at their place of employment to inquire about Matching Gift Programs.
*companies where retirees are eligible to request matching gifts
How to Complete the Matching Gift Process
- Obtain a matching gift form from your employer or submit a request online.
- For paper forms, complete the donor section, enter St. Patrick School and SIGN THE FORM.
- If making an online request, please email a copy of your company's confirmation to our office at [email protected].
- If you prefer to mail a copy of your confirmation, please write your name on it and send to: St. Patrick, c/o Rebecca Stoehner, 405 S. Church St., Wentzville, MO 63385.
DO NOT MAIL THE CHECK OR MATCHING GIFT FORM TO THE SCHOOL.
- Parishioners can make their monthly contribution by writing “Matching Gift” on their offertory envelope. If you participate in Online Giving, please use the fund “Matching”.
- Matches are for St. Patrick School, 701 S. Church St, Wentzville, MO 63385, not St. Patrick Church. Checks must be made payable to St. Patrick School.
- For questions regarding submitting a matching gift or volunteer grant request to us, please email us at [email protected].
Workplace giving is one of the most cost-effective ways to support St. Patrick School. Every dollar counts and matching gifts are free money!
Matching Gift Ratio
The majority of companies match at a 1:1 ratio, but others have drastically different standards. Some companies will give $.50 for every dollar an employee donates, but others will give as much as $4 for every $1 that an employee donates.
The ratio may also differ based on:
- The type of employee (e.g., standing within the company or retirement status).
- The type of organization to which the donations go (educational, arts, environmental, etc.).
Minimum & Maximum
Companies usually set aside a certain amount of money per employee, per year for matching gifts. Minimum match amounts can be as low as $1 but commonly are $25-$50.
Additionally, companies have different cap amounts for donation amounts. These caps can range from $1,000 to $100,000. Just like matching gift ratios, these cap amounts may vary for different types of employees or retirees.
Different companies have different deadlines. Awareness of these dates ensures that you don’t miss out on easy money.
Standard match request submission deadlines include:
- End of the calendar year.
- A set number of months after the date of the donation, most often 3-12 months.
- End of January, February, or March in the year subsequent to when the donation was made.