The St. Patrick School Cafeteria Team is dedicated to providing wholesome, appetizing food choices for students and staff at a reasonable cost. Our school participates in the federal lunch program. Menus are published in the school newsletters and posted online. Our lunchroom facilities are inspected and certified by the St. Charles County Health Department twice each year. On staff, we complete continuing education as it pertains to our Lunch Program and facilities. Our staff works under the direction of an individual who holds a Food Service Manager Certification.
Food Service Director
Rita Molitor | 636-332-9913 ext. 123 | [email protected]
Includes a choice of main entrée, single trip to the salad bar, milk, and/or juice. Students wishing to purchase a second entree will be charged $.50.
Preschool/Pre-K: $3.25 / Reduced: $.40
K-8: $3.75 / Reduced: $.40
Adult Visitor: $3.75
Students may also bring lunch to school. Ready-made food is required since microwave ovens are not provided and parents must provide items students are able to open on their own as staff will not be able to assist (due to Covid-19).
Ala Carte Juice/Milk, Snack Bar, & Ice Cream
$0.75 per item
Includes various Smart Snacks, such as fruit, crackers, chips, pretzels, cereal bars, and cookies. Smart Snack compliant means products sold meet healthy limits for calories, fat, sodium, and sugar. Please note that certain a la carte items may contain peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, soy, and wheat, and/or may be manufactured in a facility that processes products with these allergens. Ice cream is produced in-house and flavors vary from week to week. On occasion, pre-made ice cream snacks are substituted. White or chocolate milk and various juice flavors are available.
Cash or Punch Cards: Students may pay cash for individual ala carte items or a ten-item punch card may be purchased for $7.50 in lieu of sending money for these items. Three separate punch cards are offered: snack only, ice cream only, or snack and ice cream combo. Monies or checks sent in for purchasing a punch card must be separate from the hot lunch program and specifically marked in a separate envelope. We ask that each sibling have his/her own card. The punch card is non-refundable and is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Lost, misplaced, or laundered cards cannot be replaced. It is recommended that the punch card remains in the student’s lunch box for easy retrieval.
Ice Cream Schedule
Monday-Friday | 5th through 8th Grade
Tuesday | Kindergarten, 1st, and 4th Grade
Wednesday | 2nd and 3rd Grade
- Parents may drop off payment (cash or check) at the school office.
- Parents may send in money (cash or check) with their student to school. Please clearly indicate on the check memo line that payment is for lunch, made payable to St. Patrick School.
- Parents may log in to Renweb and make payments online through FACTS.
If you would like to pay online through your FACTS SIS, do the following:
- Sign in to your Family Portal
- On the left column at the bottom click on Financial
- A screen will appear in the middle of the page with different options such as Child Care, Lunch, Scrip, Home & School. Please go to the column that states Lunch and to the very right of Lunch you will see the option of PayNow. AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN DO NOT HIT THE PRE-PAY LUNCH OPTION - ONLY HIT THE PAYNOW OPTION
- Please click on PayNow to make a payment. Follow the instructions after that to pay by credit card or a bank account.
- Click Submit
By doing the PayNow feature it will automatically appear in your lunch balance. Please DO NOT CLICK ON PREPAY LUNCH. If you do a Pre-Pay Lunch it does not apply to your lunch account right away and admin will have to go into the account and move it from PrePay to PayNow.
We encourage all parents to deposit money into their account prior to the first day of school and we ask every family to deposit a minimum of $10.00 in their lunch account in the event that their child forgets to bring lunch on a given day throughout the school year. You may view your child(ren)'s account balance in Renweb under Family Billing. NOTE: A negative balance means that amount is available in your account to spend on lunches. A positive balance means that amount is owed and payment should be submitted as soon as possible.
It is important to keep up with your student's lunch account balance. If a student falls negative for two consecutive lunch purchase days and reasonable attempts have been made to notify the student's parents/guardians, an alternate lunch may be served to the student until the balance is brought up to date. During the course of the school year, if money is owed to your account, a summary will be emailed to you with the amount that is due. At the end of the school year if there is an unpaid balance the student's report card will be held until the account is paid in full.
Excess lunch funds at the end of a school year will be applied to the returning family’s account for the next school year. Unused lunch funds of the last child in the family graduating from our school will be applied to any outstanding balances or if non-applicable, amounts over $5.00 will be refunded.
Free or Reduced Lunches
Applications for free/reduced fee meals are available at the school office and at the link below. Parents/guardians must fill out a new lunch application every school year to be eligible for reduced lunches (all applications are confidential). The application can be filled out anytime during the year.
Food Allergy Policy/Procedures
1. The parent turns into our school office a statement, making us aware of a child’s food allergy. This statement has been and will always be taken as a precaution to notify St. Patrick School of a possible reaction to an exposure to the described allergen.
2. An Emergency Action Plan is required from the child’s doctor
3. The student is required to sit at the Allergy-Free table during the lunch period. (Exceptions to this procedure must have a doctor’s letter specifically stating the child is safe to sit in the open-seating area of the cafeteria. Parents must realize that students seated in the open area are not monitored, as cafeteria monitors have no way of knowing where they are sitting from day-to-day.)
4. Cafeteria monitors will cleanse the Allergy-Free table at the end of each lunch period.
Volunteers for the lunchroom are coordinated through the school office. To volunteer, please email [email protected] or stop by the school office. The hours are from 10:55 AM to 12:30 PM.
Parents (maximum of two) are welcome to have lunch with their children. Parents are encouraged to purchase lunch through the cafeteria ($3.75); however, if you choose to bring lunch in, we ask that a healthy choice lunch be provided. If purchasing through the cafeteria, please call the office no later than the morning of the visit to place the order. Please do not bring outside fast-food lunches to school for your child(ren). Parents may sit with their child and his/her class. Parents must enter through the front door and sign in. No parent may enter through the cafeteria door, whether to drop off a lunch or to join their child.
*You may contact the School Office to inquire about lunchtimes for any grade level.
Lunch Time Rules
Table manners and inside voices are expected during lunch.
No food is to be carried out of the cafeteria.
Do not share food.
Students are expected to clean up their place.
Lunch boxes should be placed in tubs before going out to recess.
All students will remain in the cafeteria until the bell signifying the end to their lunch period.
Soda is never allowed during lunch.
It is very important that students pre-order their lunches in the morning in the classroom on a daily basis. We rely on these lunch counts to prepare enough food for all of our students. Late students should inform office personnel of their lunch orders upon their arrival at school.
Please make sure your child knows that if he or she has a lunch problem such as a forgotten lunch, no money, etc., he or she should always inform a member of the cafeteria staff about it. If we are notified of the situation, your child will not go hungry.