Enrichment and G.R.A.S.P.
The St. Patrick School’s Enrichment Program is designed to meet the needs of students in the 2nd and 3rd grades who are reading at levels well above their grade level norm. The program consists of specifically designed, challenging activities in the area of reading, language arts, math and science. Students in the 2nd and 3rd grades attend a 45-minute session one day per week.
G.R.A.S.P. (Gifted Resource at St. Patrick) is designed for academically talented students in the 4th-8th grades, who have met the criteria based upon the ITBS test. G.R.A.S.P. offers a curriculum which will expand learning experiences in the areas of cognitive thinking, creative expression, and research. Students work on activities that develop higher level thought processes, such as analyzing, creating, and evaluating. In G.R.A.S.P., students will perform independent study activities, use problem-solving techniques, and complete projects that enhance self-concept.
- Critical thinking and reasoning abilities -- search for innovative solutions
- Problem solving -- utilize different strategies to make decisions and apply to problems and issues in today’s world
- Build and extend cognitive language skills
- Communicate information and ideas in a variety of ways
- Science laboratories and projects
- Critical thinking activities
- Puzzles and logic that intersect all areas of the curriculum
- Investigative activities
- Team building tasks