St. Patrick Catholic School Board of Education
The St. Patrick School Board is advisory to the Pastor and the Principal. It's primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- recommending to the Pastor the employment of the Principal
- establishing the mission, vision, and beliefs for the educational programs
- interpreting and applying the policies of the Archdiocese
- formulating new policies when necessary and evaluating the implementation of current policies
- approving the budget to be recommended to the finance committee and the Pastor
- focusing on the implementation of the long-range school improvement plan
- creating an atmosphere where marketing the parish school is the expectation and is fully supported
The School Board is composed of both appointed and elected individuals from St. Patrick Parish. Members of the board serve three-year terms. Members should be practicing Catholics and members in good standing with the Catholic Church. They may or may not have students in the school, but must have great respect for Catholic education and the desire for providing a Catholic education to the children of the parish. A certain level of discretion is needed as at times sensitive topics are discussed.
The Board functions only through meetings, which are held regularly throughout the school year. Interested parents and parishioners may attend board meetings and may address the board during the open forum only.
St. Patrick School Board members for the 2020-2021 school year include:
- Sharon Woelbling, President
- Rebecca Birkenmeier
- Cori Breen
- Gina Hackenwerth
- Christie McKenzie
- Carrie Reiter
- Kim Schellert
- Meghan Brown
- Mandi Boehringer
Non-voting members include:
- Fr. Brian Fischer
- Jill Gould
- Zach Morrison
Open Board of Education Positions
There are currently no open positions at this time.
The St. Patrick Board of Education will seek individuals who are interested in serving on the Board when there are open positions. There are no openings for elected positions for a 3-year term beginning in September of the current year. Elections will be held at all Masses.
If you are interested in running for the St. Patrick Board of Education, you must be a member of the parish but do not need to have children in the school.
Please submit a simple biography with the following info by the specified date:
- Tell a little about yourself
- How are you currently involved in St. Patrick Parish?
- Why are you interested in a position on the Board of Education?
This short bio will be posted in the bulletin and on the website before the election in early August.
For questions and submissions, please contact Sharon Woelbling at [email protected].